Curb Appeal Tips
Does your home have curb appeal?
Curb appeal is an important part of getting a home ready for sale. Your home’s outside appearance will be the first thing potential home buyers see before entering your home. A good first impression is essential to a fast home sale. You might try stepping across the street and looking at your home with neutral eyes as if you were seeing it for the first time. Below is a list of some quick and easy steps to help you get started on boosting your home’s curb appeal.
Check the house from the roof down
- Is the roof free and clear from obstructions such as leaves and moss?
- Are the gutters clean and in good order? Replace, repair or clean as needed.
- Are the shutters properly secured? Remount, replace, and repaint as needed.
- Are the windows clean and free from obstructions (such as overgrown bushes or trees)?
- Are the windows old aluminum? Consider replacing and upgrading if budget allows.
Check your home’s exterior
- Inspect the condition of the paint or siding?
- Is it time to power wash the siding? This is inexpensive and can make a huge difference!
- Is touch up or re-painting needed? Carefully inspect railings, decking, window panes and siding.
- Is the front door in good shape? Repaint or replace if necessary.
What does your yard look like?
- Do flower beds need an upgrade?
- Are the flower beds free and clear of weeds?
- Are the flowers in bloom?
- Are the beds properly mulched?
- Are bushes, trees and shrubs neatly pruned? Prune and trim bushes, shrubs, and trees as needed.
- Store garbage cans in the garage or shed.
- Clear grounds of miscellaneous wood, trash, building materials, brush etc.
Keep the lawn neatly groomed and clean
- Is the lawn free of children and pet toys?
- Is the lawn free from weeds?
- Is the lawn free of animal droppings?
- Is the lawn free from grass clippings?
- Is the lawn neatly edged?
Simple things that can make a difference
- Are the house numbers easy to read? Replace, clean, or trim shrubbery as needed.
- How does the mailbox look? Replace or repaint as needed.
- Does the doorbell work? Is the button in good condition? Fix if needed.
- Polish the doorknocker and mail slot.
- Add potted plants or flower boxes around or near the front entrance.
- Clear the walkway and entrance of any clutter; trim bushes and shrubs to keep it clear.
- Is the front of the home properly lighted? Make sure the home looks appealing at night too.
I Can Help You Get Curb Appeal!